This time we focus on public transportation. Even though we complain a lot about the public transport we actually have a good system that is quite reliable. Despite some small delays it covers the vast majority of our country.
– Excuse me for interrupting you | Sorry dat ik u even stoor
– At which platform can I find the train to Amsterdam? | Op welk perron komt de trein naar Amsterdam?
– The train to Amsterdam will leave from platform number two | De trein naar Amsterdam vertrekt van spoor twee
– Sorry where is that track exactly? | Pardon waar is dat spoor precies?
– Right there ma’am | Daar, mevrouw
– Strip card (ticket for busses, trams and subways) | Strippenkaart
– Transfer | Overstap
– Drive black (travelling without a ticket) | Zwart rijden
– Have a nice trip | Prettige reis
A special thank you goes out to Martijn Warnas who explains all about how the systems works. Really great thanks, since it is a great contribution!!